Saturday, July 11, 2009

Storyboards

From Flores
National Film Board of Canada, 1991



A few samples from the boards I created for my second film at the NFB-From Flores. These boards are pretty elaborate because they were created as presentation boards to sell the concept to the NFB. The film was completed in 1991.


Exquisite Tenderness
Lolipop Productions, 1993



Sample drawings taken from a series of boards I created for the feature film-Exquisite Tenderness shot in Vancouver and starring Malcolm McDowell. I really enjoyed working on the project as it was an action-packed "hospital horror" movie so I had fun treating the boards in a comic book fashion. The director, Carl Schenkel was intense but a pleasure to work with.


The Barkerville Ghost
National Film Board of Canada, 2000



These panels are taken from the storyboard for a film proposal that I submitted to the NFB in 2000. The Barkerville Ghost (working title) is a historical gothic horror tale in the vein of Edgar Allen Poe. The proposal was rejected. I might return to this idea one day as I am still convinced it would make a terrific film.


Buzz Lightyear Star Command
Disney Interactive, 2003



These are some storyboard panels I created for commercial animation production at Disney Interactive in Victoria.

1 comment:

  1. hi stephen.. im doing story board right and your sample helps me.. I work also in disney before as In-betweener artist.. Toon City Inc.

    Jojaforms

    ReplyDelete